There are many methods to achieve the smooth, radiant, healthy skin we all desire, from eating antioxidant-rich foods to investing in laser skin resurfacing. Exfoliation is still one of the most effective approaches to improve your skin’s texture and tone, and it’s something that everyone can do at home. However, overdoing it by exfoliating too often or using the wrong method for your skin type is easy to do.
Here are six of the best exfoliants that you need in your life:
- BHA Exfoliant: If you have oily or acne-prone skin, a BHA exfoliant is a must-have. BHA (beta hydroxy acid) is a natural exfoliant that penetrates deep into the pores to remove oil and impurities.
- Physical Exfoliant: A physical exfoliant, such as a scrub, is ideal for those with dry or sensitive skin. It uses small particles to slough off the dead skin cells on the surface of the skin.
- Chemical Exfoliant: A chemical exfoliant, such as an AHA (alpha hydroxy acid) or BHA, is perfect for those with normal to oily skin. It uses acids to dissolve the bonds that hold the dead skin cells together.
- Enzymatic exfoliant: An enzymatic exfoliant uses natural enzymes to break down the dead skin cells. This type of exfoliant is ideal for those with sensitive skin.
- Physical/Chemical Exfoliant: If you have a combination of dry and oily skin, or normal to sensitive skin, a physical/chemical exfoliant is the perfect option. It uses both physical and chemical exfoliants to slough off the dead skin cells and remove impurities.
- Exfoliating Gloves: If you don’t want to use an exfoliant, you can use exfoliating gloves to manually exfoliate your skin. These gloves have small silicone bristles that help to remove the dead skin cells.
No matter which type of exfoliant you choose, make sure to read the instructions carefully and use them as directed. Exfoliating your skin too often or using the wrong method can cause more damage than good. With these six exfoliants in your life, you’ll be on your way to achieving the smooth, glowing skin you’ve always wanted.